- 2/3 cup of ethanol or rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol).
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel or vegetable glycerine (or a combination of both) - this helps counteract the drying effects of the alcohol.
- Up to 15 drops (in total) of antibacterial essential oils such as tea tree, lemon eucalyptus, and lavender.
- Fill a small 30 or 50ml bottle with 1/3 witch hazel, 1/3 rubbing alcohol and 1/3 purified water.
- Add 20-30 drops of essential oils such as rosemary, white thyme, and orange.
- Spritz on mobile phones, computers, train tables and handles and wipe down with a clean tissue.
- Melt 10g of beeswax in 40ml of your choice of oil such as calendula, sweet almond or light coconut in a bain-marie (double boiler) on a low heat.
- Once the beeswax has melted down into a liquid, pour your mixture into a jar or tin.
- Add up to 15 drops of calming essential oils like lavender, rose and chamomile
- Stir for 10 seconds with a toothpick, teaspoon or spatula
- Allow the balm to set (takes approximately 5 minutes)
- Apply to hands, lips and any areas requiring hydration.